Mould Testing for the Invisible Danger in Your Home

Mold testing is a vital part of a healthy and comfortable home, high moisture and humidity levels are crucial to the development of dangerous toxic compounds such as mycotoxins from mould spores.

Mold in your home can lead to allergic reactions, asthma attacks and other respiratory ailments, and produce symptoms such as irritated eyes, skin, nose, throat and lungs, as well as headaches and fatigue.

mold testing for homes and offices in Toronto York Durham London Ottawa

RESIDENTIAL MOLD TESTING

Potential mold problems are intensified by today’s weather tight homes keeping the heat or air conditioned air inside, which leads to increased humidity levels. The existence of mold spores is unseen by the naked eye and can only be accurately determined by an in-home inspection and mold testing. You should be concerned about mold in your home if:

  • You see visible evidence of mold on walls, ceilings, around windows, shower curtains,
    or basement areas
  • You have leaking pipes or bathroom and kitchen fixtures, or basement flooding or backed-up drains
  • You see water stains on ceilings or walls
  • You notice excessive condensation or “sweating” windows
  • You or someone in your family is having respiratory problems or unexplained asthma attacks, or there are symptoms such as irritated eyes, skin, nose, or throat, or an increase in headaches or tiredness

A trained and certified Clinicair IAQ advisor will conduct a thorough inspection of your home to determine whether scientific testing for the conditions which lead to mold may be a required.